THE CLINICALLY PROVEN1 SUPERA STENT
When peripheral artery disease causes blockages in the SFA and popliteal arteries, the Supera stent can restore blood flow during a percutaneous transluminal angioplasty (PTA) procedure. Supera has been analyzed in over 1,600 patients worldwide.2
Innovative, Interwoven Nitinol Design
- Allows Supera to mimic the natural movement of the anatomy
- Supports the vessel with minimal chronic outward force3,4
Strength and Flexibility
- Provides unparalleled strength and flexibility, with more than four times the compression resistance of all other standard Nitinol stents5,6
- Has visible compression resistance in severely calcified lesions, maintaining a round, open lumen7
- 87.6% freedom from target lesion revascularization (TLR) in severely calcified lesions at 3 years (n = 325)8
- 86.3% primary patency (K-M) at 1 year3
- 0 fracture at 1 year; 1 fracture at 3 years8
1. Garcia L., et al., Wire-interwoven Nitinol stent outcome in the superficial femoral and proximal popliteal arteries: Twelve-month results of the SUPERB Trial. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;8: pii: e000937. doi: 10.1161/CIRCINTERVENTIONS.113.000937.
2. 1,636 patients studied, see Werner M, et al. Treatment of complex atherosclerotic femoropopliteal artery disease with a self-expanding nitinol stent: midterm results for the Leipzig SUPERA 500 registry. EuroIntervention. 2014:10:861-868. (including Leipzig SFA, Leipzig Popliteal and S500 LL) 439 patients • Goverde P, et al. AURORRA registry: Experience with high radial force interwoven nitinol stents in femoropopliteal arteries. LINC 2013. 117 patients • Molenaar et al. Interwoven self-expanding nitinol stents for long complex SFA and popliteal lesions CWZ. LINC 2012. 178 patients • Goltz JP, et al. Endovascular treatment of popliteal artery segments P1 and P2 in patients with critical limb ischemia. J Endovasc Ther. 2012;19:450-456. 40 patients • Chan YC, et al. Primary stenting of femoropopliteal atherosclerotic lesions using new helical interwoven nitinol stents. J Vasc Surg. 2014:59:384-391, 78 patients • Pacanowski et al. RESTORE: Interwoven Stents in the Real World: The Initial United States Experience with the Use of the Supera Stent in the SFA and Popliteal Artery. LINC 2013. 147 patients • George JC, et al. SUPERA interwoven nitinol stent outcomes in above-knee interventions (SAKE) study. J Vasc Interv Radiol. 2014;25: 954-961. 80 patients • Dumantepe M, et al. Treatment of complex atherosclerotic femoropopliteal artery disease with a self-expanding interwoven nitinol stent: Midterm results. Vascular. 2015;Feb 16. pii: 1708538114568884. 36 patients • Varcoe R. A Real World Experience Using SUPERA in Long, Challenging Lesions. LINC 2015. 105 patients • Brescia AA, et al. Stenting of femoropopliteal lesions using interwoven nitinol stents. J Vasc Surg. 2015; 61:1472-1478. 38 patients • Mussa F. The SUPERA stent for superficial femoral artery lesions even with calcification. Charing Cross 2015. 41 patients • Lojedo Vicent, et al. Experiencia inicial en la colocacion de endoprotesis Supera en eltratmiento de la patologia arterial en sector femoropopliteo . XIV Congreso de la SERVEI 2015. 29 patients • Palena LM, et al. SUPERSUB Trial: 1-Year Outcomes of Supera Subinitimal Stenting in CLI Patients. LINC 2016. 34 patients • Rosenfield K, et al. Wire-interwoven nitinol stent outcome in the superficial femoral and proximal popliteal arteries: 12 month results of the SUPERB trial. Circ Cardiovasc Interv. 2015;8:e000937. 264 patients.
3. Supera Peripheral Stent System Instructions for Use.
4. Measurements taken at upper limit of labeled vessel diameter mm. Data on file at Abbott.
5. Strength is defined as compression resistance. The compression resistance for a 5.0 x 100 mm Supera implant is 9 kg at 53% compression. This is four times the compression resistance of all other competitors. All other products compressed 53% with less than 2.25 kg applied. Data on file at Abbott.
6. Flexibility is defined as kink resistance measured in a tube. The Supera sizes with the lowest kink resistance, as compared to 6.0 x 100 mm standard Nitinol stents, are the 5.0 x 100 and 6.0 x 100 mm implants. Data on file at Abbott.
7. Characteristically round lumens supported by: Arena FJ, Arena FA. Intravascular ultrasound evaluation of interwoven Nitinol stents at implant. J Vasc Med Surg. 2013:1;116. doi: 10.4172/2329-6925.1000116.
8. Garcia LA, et al. SUPERB Final 3-Year Outcomes Using Interwoven Nitinol Biometric Supera Stent. Catheterization and Cardiovascular Interventions 2017.