PRESSUREWIRE X FOR IMPROVED CARDIAC CATH LAB WORKFLOW
The PressureWire X system uses existing hardware and screens to enable the recording system to display FFR information inside the cardiac cath lab as well as the control room. All FFR results are stored with procedural data for a more complete patient record.
With the PressureWire X system there is no need for stand-alone FFR instrumentation or time-consuming setup. The secure, wireless technology eliminates cables crossing the sterile field, and there is no cable to limit wire maneuverability.
This newest generation of PressureWire technology offers:
- A hydrophilic coating that significantly lowers friction and enables smoother stent delivery and better overall maneuverability1
- Improved shapeability and reshapeability for smooth navigation1
- Better shape retention for performance in complex anatomy and for multiple pull-backs1
- More durable soft tip designed to protect the vessel in tortuous anatomy without compromising steerability/trackability1
ACCURATE AND RELIABLE
The PressureWire X is the only pressure wire technology clinically proven in both FAME and FAME 2 studies.2-4
1. Data on file at Abbott
2. Tonino PA, et al. Fractional flow reserve versus angiography for guiding percutaneous coronary iIntervention. New Engl J Med. 2009;360:213-224. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa0807611.
3. Pijls NH, et al. Fractional flow reserve versus angiography for guiding percutaneous coronary intervention in patients with multivessel coronary artery disease: 2-year follow-up of the FAME study. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2010;56(3):177-184. doi: 10.1016/j.jacc.2010.04.012.
4. de Bruyne B, et al. Fractional flow reserve–guided PCI versus medical therapy in stable coronary disease. N Engl J Med. 2012;367(11), 991–1001. doi: 10.1056/NEJMoa1205361.