*Based on HeartMate 3™ LVAD highest published survival and lowest published stroke and thrombosis rates in continuous-flow LVAD category of devices in the U.S.9-12
**HeartMate 3 LVAD demonstrated superiority in event-free survival (primary endpoint) in the MOMENTUM 3 trial compared to HeartMate II™ LVAD.
1. Mozaffarian, D., Benjamin, E. J., Go, A., A., Arnett, D. K., Blaha, M. J., Cushman, M., ... Truner, M. B. on behalf of the American Heart Association Statistics Committee and Stroke Statistics Subcommittee, (2015). Heart disease and stroke statistics—2016 update: A report from the American Heart Association. Circulation, 132, e1-e323. http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/CIR.0000000000000350
2. Akintoye, E., Briasoulis, A., Egbe, A., Dunlay, S. M., Kushwaha, S., Levine, D., Afonso, L., Mozaffarian, D., Weinberger, J., (2017). National trends in admission and in-hospital mortality of patients with heart failure in the United States (2001-2014). Journal of the American Heart Association. 6. http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/JAHA.117.006955
3. American Heart Association. (2013, April 24). Costs to treat heart failure expected to more than double by 2030. Retrieved from http://newsroom.heart.org/news/costs-to-treat-heart-failure-expected-to-more-than-double-by-2030
4. Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services. Chronic Conditions Among Medicare Beneficiaries Chartbook: 2012 Edition. Retrieved from http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/Chronic-Conditions/Downloads/2012Chartbook.pdf Accessed April 23, 2014.
5. Abraham, W. T., Stevenson, L., Bourge, R. C., Lindenfeld, J., Bauman, J., Adamson, P. B. (2016). Sustained efficacy of pulmonary artery pressure to guide to adjustment of chronic heart failure therapy: Complete follow-up results from the CHAMPION randomized trial. The Lancet, 387(10017), 453-461. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/S0140-6736(15)007233-0
6. Mehra, M. R., Goldstein, D. J., Uriel, N., Cleveland, J. C. Jr., Yuzefpolskaya, M., Salerno, C., … Dean, D. for the MOMENTUM 3 Investigators. Two-year outcomes with a magnetically levitated cardiac pump in heart failure. (2018, April 12). The New England Journal of Medicine, 378, 1386-95. https://dx.doi.org/10.1056/NEJMoa1800866
7. Adamson, P. B., Abraham, W. T., Bourge, R. C., Costanzo, M. R., Hasan, A., Yadav, C., et al. (2014). Wireless pulmonary artery pressure monitoring guides management to reduce decompensation in heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Circulation: Heart Failure, 7 (6), 935-944. http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/circheartfailure.113.001229
8. Shavelle, D. M., Desai, A.S., Abraham, W.T., et al. (2019). Pulmonary Artery Pressure-Guided Therapy for Ambulatory Heart Failure Patients in Clinical Practice: 1-Year Outcomes from the CardioMEMS Post-Approval Study. Presented at the American College of Cardiology conference. New Orleans, LA, March 2019. Retrieved from www.acc.org/~/media/Clinical/PDF-Files/Approved-PDFs/2019/03/15/ACC19_Slides/Mar17_Sun/1145amET_CardioMEMS-PAS-acc-2019.pdf. Accessed September 27, 2019.
9. Mehra M, Uriel N, Naka Y, et al. A Fully Magnetically Levitated Ventricular Assist Device-Final Report. N Engl J Med. 2019;380:1618-1627.
10. Rogers JG, Pagani F, Tatooles A, et al. Intrapericardial left ventricular assist device for advanced heart failure. New Engl J Med. 2017;376:451-460.
11. Markham DW. Two-year Outcomes in the ENDURANCE Supplemental Trial. American Heart Association (AHA) Annual Meeting; November 10, 2018; Chicago, IL.
12. Uriel N. Long-Term Burden of Hemocompatibility Related Adverse Events in the MOMENTUM 3 Trial: Final Analysis of the 1028 Patient Cohort. The International Society for Heart & Lung Transplantation (ISHLT) Annual Meeting; April 4, 2019; Orlando, FL.