ABBOTT GRANT OPPORTUNITIES AND APPLICATIONS
We consider grant applications falling into two general areas:
- Continuing education for health care professionals
- Charitable Contributions
- Donated Abbott products for patients with financial need
- Fundraiser and patient/public health education and awareness through nonprofit organizations
For the Grants Committee to consider a request, grant-seeking individuals and organizations must do work related to, or raise funds for, cardiac arrhythmia & heart failure, coronary, structural heart, vascular and neuromodulation disease states and their treatments.
ABBOTT EDUCATION GRANTS
Grants are intended for health care organizations and fellows in cardiac arrhythmia & heart failure, coronary, structural heart, vascular and neuromodulation fields. Hospitals and organizations must request funding on behalf of an individual.
- Fellowship grants are for fellowship programs to distribute to fellow recipients of their choice.
- An organization, not an individual, must submit the application. Do not include fellow’s name in the application.
- Abbott does not support multi-year requests; apply annually.
Abbott’s fellowship submission process streamlines communications with all our grant recipients. All fellowship grant submissions are due between October 1 and March 1. Applicants will be notified of grants received by April 15. If you have any questions, please contact the grants administrator
- Professional education grants are for independent medical programs that offer continuing education credits for health care professionals, and for professional associations, societies or continuing education providers.
- Organizations may use grants for the continuing education programs or for events such as congresses, conferences and symposia.
- Grants may be used for general conference costs including: accreditation, audio/visual, management expenses, marketing and room rental.
- Organizations should submit applications once per event.
- Abbott does not fund year-long or ongoing non-fellowship educational programs.
Grants may NOT support transfers of value to healthcare professionals including: honoraria, food & beverage, travel or lodging.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via one of the application links below. Be prepared to upload one or more of the following:
- Grant purpose
- Amount requested
- Official invitation, program or agenda
- Estimated total budget for the program, activity or event
- W-9 form
Additional documents that you may be required to upload are listed after the relevant link.
Note: Indicate a physical mailing address in your application. P.O. boxes are not acceptable.
We must receive a complete application, including all required documentation, at least 45 days before the event, activity or program.
ABBOTT PATIENT ASSISTANCE PRODUCT DONATIONS
Health care organizations must apply on behalf of patients with financial need, namely those who do not have or qualify for:
- Governmental assistance
- Other sources of funding
Abbott will only donate products that are approved and/or compatible with equipment in the country where the device will be implanted. The Abbott grant committee will determine the donated product, and reserves the right to amend or discontinue this assistance program at any time.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PATIENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
- Requesting organization must be nonprofit
- Apply via one of the application links below. Be prepared to upload a request letter on your organization’s letterhead. Include the following information, as shown in this sample request letter: