ABBOTT GRANT OPPORTUNITIES AND APPLICATIONS
We support medical education and charitable programs that advance scientific knowledge and improve patient wellness.
- Continuing education for health care professionals
- Charitable Contributions
- Donated Abbott products for patients with financial need
- Fundraiser and patient/public health education and awareness through nonprofit organizations
For the Grant Committee to consider a request, grant-seeking organizations must do work related to cardiac arrhythmia, electrophysiology, heart failure, coronary, structural heart, vascular or neuromodulation disease states and therapies.
ABBOTT PROFESSIONAL EDUCATION GRANTS
Completed grant applications must be submitted online at least 45 days prior to the program start date.
- Grants support independent medical education at the local, regional and national levels and may include conferences, symposia and other programs that provide credits for health care professionals. These events are typically organized by health care institutions, professional associations, societies or continuing education providers.
- Grants may be used for general conference costs including: accreditation, audio/visual, management expenses, marketing and room rental.
- Organizations should submit one application per event.
- Abbott does not fund year-long or ongoing non-fellowship educational programs.
Professional education grants may NOT support transfers of value to health care professionals including: honoraria, food and beverage, travel or lodging.
ABBOTT FELLOWSHIP GRANTS
All fellowship grant submissions are due between October 1 and March 1. Applicants will be notified of a grant decision by April 15.
The Physician Payment Sunshine Act requires that payments and transfers of value made to U.S. physicians and teaching hospitals by medical device manufacturers be reported annually to the federal government. Fellowship funding from Abbott is subject to Sunshine Act reporting.
If you have any questions, please contact the grants administrator.
- Fellowship grants are for fellowship programs to distribute to fellow recipients of their choice.
- An organization, not an individual, must submit the application. Do not include the fellow's name in the application. Sunshine Act reporting after a fellowship is awarded will require that the fellow's name and identifying information be shared with Abbott.
- Abbott does not support multi-year requrests; apply annually.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply via one of the application links below. Be prepared to upload one or more of the following:
- Letter of Request (on letterhead, including amount requested)
- Agenda (including times, topic, faculty), brochure or invitation
- Estimated total budget for the program
- W-9 form
Additional documents that you may be required to upload are listed after the relevant link.
Note: Indicate a physical mailing address in your application. P.O. boxes are not acceptable.
Fellowship grants: All fellowship submissions are due between October 1 and March 1. If you have any questions, please contact the grants administrator.
Completed grant applications, including all required documentation, must be submitted online at least 45 days prior to the program start date.
ABBOTT PATIENT ASSISTANCE PRODUCT DONATIONS
Health care organizations must apply on behalf of patients with financial need, namely those who do not have or qualify for:
- Governmental assistance
- Other sources of funding
Abbott will only donate products that are approved and/or compatible with equipment in the country where the device will be implanted. The Abbott grant committee will determine the donated product and reserves the right to amend or discontinue this assistance program at any time.
HOW TO APPLY FOR PATIENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
- Apply via one of the application links below. Be prepared to upload a request letter on your organization’s letterhead. Include the following information, as shown in this sample request letter: