TACTICATH™ QUARTZ ABLATION CATHETER FEATURES AND REQUIREMENT
The main features of this unique ablation catheter include:
- Force sensor at the distal catheter tip
- Fiber optic technology for optimal stability during contact force measurement
- 65 or 75 mm deflectable curve
- Requires TactiSys™ Quartz hardware system and accessories
- Compatibility with steerable sheaths (such as the Agilis™ NxT introducer), resulting in increased contact force6
UNIQUE ADVANTAGES OF THE TACTICATH™ QUARTZ ABLATION CATHETER AND THE TACTISYS™ QUARTZ SYSTEM
Designed for seamless integration, the TactiSys Quartz system is a plug-and-play system—eliminating the need for thermal calibrations. It also offers:
- High-precision contact force measurements with 1 g resolution
- Real-time feedback: fast 50 Hz (20 ms) sample rate
- 2-5-2 electrode spacing for standard electrogram recordings
- Minimal influence of temperature for stable contact force measurement
- No impact on the force measurement accuracy from nearby ferrous materials (braiding of sheath, nearby circular mapping catheters)
- The FTI™ index, a proprietary index calculating force over time, has been clinically validated and is incorporated into the TactiCath Quartz contact force sensing ablation catheter labeling3-5
- The LSI (Lesion Index) is a proprietary index combining contact force, radiofrequency (RF) application duration and RF current**
- Full integration with the EnSite™ Precision™ cardiac mapping system via the EnSite™ contact force module
COMPREHENSIVE CARDIAC ABLATION THERAPY AND ARRHYTHMIA MANAGEMENT
The TactiCath Quartz ablation catheter is one of our featured electrophysiology products. We are leading the way with inventive designs that give you the options you need to diagnose, treat and manage arrhythmias with versatility and effectiveness. When it comes to understanding and managing cardiac arrhythmias, we are your partner for life.
Read more about our approach to electrophysiology.
RESOURCES AND DOCUMENTATION
*In an independent head-to-head bench test comparison with the ThermoCool SmartTouch SF catheter, TactiCath Quartz contact force ablation catheter showed higher accuracy in both axial (perpendicular) and parallel (lateral) orientations.1
**This parameter was displayed during ablation procedures in a 31-patient supplemental study to the TOCCASTAR clinical trial. However, the clinical utility of this parameter has not been evaluated.
1. Bourier F, Deisenofer I, Hessling G, et al. (2016, May). Contact force sensing electrophysiological catheters: How accurate is the technology? [Abstract PO03-170]. Presented at HRS 2016, San Francisco, CA. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13(5 Suppl 1):S318-S319.
2. Bourier F, Gianni C, Dare M, et al. Fiberoptic Contact-Force Sensing Electrophysiological Catheters: How Precise Is the Technology? J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol. 2017 Jan;28(1):109-114.
3. Reddy, V., Shah, D., Kautzner, J., Schmidt, B., Saoudi, N., Herrera, C., … Kuck, K. H. (2012). The relationship between contact force and clinical outcome during radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation in the TOCCATA study. Heart Rhythm, 9(11), 1789-1795. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hrthm.2012.07.016
4. Neuzil, P., Reddy, V., Kautzner, J., Petru, J. Wichterle, D., Shah, D., … Kuck, K. H. (2013). Electrical reconnection after pulmonary vein isolation is contingent on contact force during initial treatment: Results from the EFFICAS I Study. Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, 6(2), 327-333. http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/CIRCEP.113.000374
5. Kautzner, J., Neuzil, P., Lambert, H., Peichl, P., Petru, J., Cihak, R., ... Kuck, K. H. (2015). EFFICAS II: Optimization of catheter contact force improves outcome of pulmonary vein isolation for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Europace, 17(8), 1229-1235. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/europace/euv057
6. Mansour, M. (2014, May). TOCCASTAR: Preliminary results of the first prospective randomized study of a contact force sensing ablation catheter for the treatment of paroxysmal AF. Presented at the meeting of the Heart Rhythm Society, San Francisco, CA.