IMPROVING QUALITY OF LIFE
If you have heart failure, changes in the pressure of blood through your pulmonary artery (PA) can indicate worsening heart failure—even before you notice symptoms such as shortness of breath or weight gain. The CardioMEMS™ HF System features a small pressure-sensing device that is implanted directly into your pulmonary artery. It sends information wirelessly to your doctor. Your doctor can use the information to adjust your medications and treatment plan, if needed.
The CardioMEMS HF System is the first and only FDA-approved heart failure monitor proven to significantly reduce heart failure hospital admissions and improve quality of life1; it has been clinically proven to reduce hospital admissions by 58% over an average of 12 months.2
- The CardioMEMS HF System is indicated for wirelessly measuring and monitoring pulmonary artery (PA) pressure and heart rate in New York Heart Association (NYHA) Class III heart failure patients who have been hospitalized for heart failure in the previous year; the hemodynamic data are used by physicians for heart failure management and with the goal of reducing heart failure hospitalizations.
Benefits of the CardioMEMS™ HF System include:
- Your doctor can use the sensor information to make changes to your treatment before you feel symptoms.
- It is simple and easy to use, with a home electronics unit that wirelessly sends data to your doctor.
- The sensor does not need a battery or replaceable parts.
The CardioMEMS HF System is not indicated for patients who are unable to take dual antiplatelet or anticoagulants for one month after the implantation of the PA sensor.
Although complications are very rare, risks associated with the implantation of a PA sensor include:
- Device embolization
- Myocardial infarction
- Transient ischemic attack
Consult your doctor about all possible benefits and risks.
CYNTHIA'S CARDIOMEMS™ HF SYSTEM STORY
Watch Cynthia explain how getting the CardioMEMS HF System has increased communication with her care team.