PATIENT ID CARDS FOR CRT-PS AND CRT-DS
As a recipient of an Abbott cardiac device—including a cardiac resynchronization therapy pacemaker (CRT-P) or a cardiac resynchronization therapy defibrillator (CRT-D)—you will receive an ID card that contains important information related to your device.
When you first receive your device, your hospital will submit a device-registration form to us and you will receive a temporary ID card. We will then mail you a permanent card within 30 to 60 days. For people outside the United States with a PA sensor, your physician will provide an identification card for your use.
CARRY YOUR ID CARD
Always carry your ID card with you.
- The card includes your physician’s or clinic’s contact information, which those assisting you during an emergency will need to know.
- When you go through security checkpoints at the airport, you may need to show your ID card to security personnel if your device sets off the detector.
- Keep in mind that typically, security systems will not affect your device. Move through metal detectors at a normal walking speed and do not pause for more than a few seconds. If your device sets off the detector, tell security about your device and present your ID card.
- If security personnel choose to use a handheld wand, ask them to move it over your device area quickly.
VERIFY YOUR INFORMATION
When you receive your permanent plastic ID card, which should be within 30 to 60 days of your surgery, check the information on it carefully.
- If you do not receive your card within that period, please contact us using one of the means below.
- If the card contains any errors, please contact us so that we can correct our records and send you a new card.
- If at any time you change your contact information or doctor, please contact us so we can update our records and send you a new card.
KEEP YOUR INFORMATION UPDATED
We provide you with easy ways to be in touch with us to change the information that is on your patient ID card, including your name, address and doctor information.
If you received your device in the United States, Canada or Australia, you can:
- Update your records online
- Contact us using the information below
If you received your device in a country other than the United States, Canada or Australia, please contact the Abbott distributor in your area.
299 Lane Cove Rd
Macquarie Park NSW
Toll Free Number 61-1800-839-259
Phone Number 61-2-9936-1200
Fax Number 61-2-9936-1222
Abbott Medical Canada
6975 Creditview Road, Unit 1
Toll Free Number: 888-276-4170
Phone Number: 905-286-4000
Fax Number: 905-812-4295