Approximately 26 million people live with HF worldwide,1 and the estimated global cost is $108 billion annually.2 With the complexity and rise of heart failure, the Heart Failure Association of the European Society of Cardiology aims to make the prevention and management of heart failure a global health priority.
At Abbott, we dedicate our efforts to providing you with the broadest scope of innovative and outcome-driven solutions to manage the clinical and economic burden of heart failure and hypertension. The benefits of frequent insight and early intervention that our technologies can give you are matched only by our ability to increase efficacy while decreasing the economic cost associated with cardiovascular care.
Our MultiPoint™ Pacing products build upon the industry’s leading quadripolar technology by enabling you to pace the left ventricle from multiple locations on a single Quartet™ LV lead. MultiPoint Pacing technology enables more tissue capture for better intraventricular conduction that leads to improved contractility.7-9
1. Cook, C., Cole, G., Asaria, P., Jabhour, R., & Francis, D. (2013). The annual global economic burden of heart failure. Journal of the American College of Cardiology, 171, 368-376. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijcard.2013.12.028
2. Ponikowski, P., Anker, S. D., AlHabib, K. F., Cowie, M. R., Force, T. L., Hu. S., … Filippatos, G. (2014). Heart failure: Preventing disease and death worldwide. ESC Heart Failure, 1(1), 4-25. http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/ehf2.12005
3. Feldmann C, Chatterjee A, Hanke JS, Dogan G, Haverich A, Schmitto JD. Novel centrifugal pump for heart failure patients: initial success and future challenges. Journal of Thoracic Disease. 2017;9(6):1429-1431. doi:10.21037/jtd.2017.05.68.
4. Mehra MR, Naka Y, Uriel N, et al; for the MOMENTUM 3 investigators. A fully magnetically levitated circulatory pump for advanced heart failure. N Engl J Med. 2017;376(5):440-450.
5. Abraham, W. T., Adamson, P. B., Stevenson, L. W., Costanzo, M. R., Bourge, R. C., Bauman, J., … Yadav, J. (2015, May). Pulmonary artery pressure management in heart failure patients with cardiac resynchronization therapy or implantable cardioverter defibrillator devices significantly reduces heart failure hospitalizations and mortality above and beyond background guide-directed medical therapy. Presented at the meeting of the Heart Rhythm Society, Boston, MA.
6. Sharma, K., Kass, D. A. (2014). Heart failure with preserved ejection fraction: mechanisms, clinical features, and therapies. Circulation Research, 115 (1), 79-96.
7. Anand, I. S., Carson, P., Galle, E., Song, R., Boehner, J., Ghali, J. K., … Bristow, M. R., (2009). Cardiac resynchronization therapy reduces the risk of hospitalizations in patients with advanced heart failure: Results from the Comparison of Medical Therapy, Pacing and Defibrillation in Heart Failure (COMPANION) trial. Circulation, 119(7), 969-77. http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.108.793273
8. ACC NCDR ICD Registry data presented at St. Jude Medical 2013 Annual Investor Meeting, Friday, Feb. 1, 2013.
9. Corbisiero, R., Armbruster, R., & Muller, D. (2014, May). Reduced costs post CRT with quadripolar LV leads compared to bipolar LV leads. Presented at the meeting of the Heart Rhythm Society, San Francisco, CA.
Unless otherwise specified, all product and service names appearing in this Internet site are trademarks owned by or licensed to Abbott, its subsidiaries or affiliates. No use of any Abbott trademark, trade name, or trade dress in this site may be made without the prior written authorization of Abbott, except to identify the product or services of the company.