PERFORMANCE ENHANCING TECHOLOGIES
Trifecta GT provides excellent performance during both minimally invasive and conventional surgical aortic valve replacement procedures by improving ease of implantability and enhancing ease of placement.11
Linx AC technology is designed to improve long-term performance and valve durability. The Linx AC technology has demonstrated resistance to valve calcification by:
- Extracting lipids12
- Reducing free aldehydes13,14
- Minimizing cholesterol uptake15
- Stabilizing leaflet collagen15
THE CRUCIAL IMPACT OF TRIFECTA VALVE’S HEMODYNAMICS
The Trifecta valve exhibits best-in-class hemodynamic performance with its unmatched pressure gradients and superior EOAs.5-10,* Accordingly, consider how improved hemodynamics are associated with:
- Improved left ventricular (LV) mass regression3,16
- Faster recovery during exercise17
- Lower risk of congestive heart failure18
*For References 5-10, information is taken from pericardial valve IFUs, not from a head-to-head clinical trial. Information provided for educational purposes only.
Learn more about the Trifecta valves’ clinical data.
1. Hahn RT, Pibarot P, Stewart WJ, et al. Comparison of transcatheter and surgical aortic valve replacement in severe aortic stenosis: a longitudinal study of echocardiography parameters in cohort A of the PARTNER trial (Placement of Aortic Transcatheter Valves. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2013;61(25):2514-2521.
2. Reardon MJ, Adams DH, Kleiman NS, et al. 2-year outcomes in patients undergoing surgical or self-expanding transcatheter aortic valve replacement. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2015;66(2):113-121.
3. Pibarot P, Weissman NJ, Stewart WJ, et al. Incidence and sequelae of prosthesis-patient mismatch in transcatheter versus surgical valve replacement in high-risk patients with severe aortic stenosis: a PARTNER trial cohort-A analysis. J Am Coll Cardiol. 2014;64(13):1323-1334.
4. Zorn GL III, Little SH, Tadros P, et al. Prosthesis-patient mismatch in high-risk patients with severe aortic stenosis: a randomized trial of a self-expanding prosthesis. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;151(4):1014-1023.e.3.
5. Trifecta valve [package insert]. Chicago, IL: Abbott; table 9.
6. Carpentier-Edwards Perimount Magna Ease aortic heart valve [package insert]. Irvine, CA: Edwards Lifesciences; table 7.
7. Edwards pericardial aortic bioprosthesis [package insert for Resilia valve]. Irvine, CA: Edwards Lifesciences; table 9.
8. Avalus bioprosthesis [package insert]. Minneapolis, MN: Medtronic; table 8.
9. Intuity Elite valve system [package insert]. Irvine, CA: Edwards Lifesciences; table 13.6.
10. Perceval sutureless heart valve [package insert]. London, UK: LivaNova; table 12.
11. Bavaria JE, Desai ND, Cheung A, et al. The St Jude Medical Trifecta aortic pericardial valve: results from a global, multicenter, prospective clinical study. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2014;147:590-597.
12. Vyavahare, N, Hirsch, D, Lerner, E, et al. Prevention of bioprosthetic heart valve calcification by ethanol preincubation. Circulation. 1997:95;479-488. doi.org/10.1161/01.CIR.95.2.479.
13. Kelly SJ, Ogle MF, Carlyle WC, et al. Biocompatibility and calcification of bioprosthetic heart valves. Presented at: Society for Biomaterials, Sixth World Biomaterials Congress Transaction. May 2000:1353.
14. Frater RWM, Seifter E, Liao K, et al. Chapter 8. In: Gabbay, S, Wheatley DJ, eds. Advances in Anticalcific and Antidegenerative Treatment of Heart Valve Bioprostheses. 1st ed. Austin: Silent Partners, Inc; 1997:105-113.
15. Vyavahare NR, Hirsch D, Lerner E, et al. Prevention of calcification of glutaraldehyde-crosslinked porcine aortic cusps by ethanol preincubation: mechanistic studies of protein structure and water-biomaterial relationships. J Biomed Mater Res. 1998;40:577-585.
16. Rubens FD, Gee YY, Ngu JM, et al. Effect of aortic pericardial valve choice on outcomes and left ventricular mass regression in patients with left ventricular hypertrophy. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2016;152(5):1291-1298.
17. Hanke T, Charitos EI, Paarmann H, et al. Haemodynamic performance of a new pericardial aortic bioprosthesis during exercise and recovery: comparison with pulmonary autograft, stentless aortic bioprosthesis and healthy control groups. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg. 2013;44(4):e295-e301.
18. Ruel M, Rubens FD, Masters RG, et al. Late incidence and predictors of persistent or recurrent heart failure in patients with aortic prosthetic valves. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg. 2004;127:149-159. doi:10.1016/j.jtcvs.2003.07.043