Read the details of the clinical study as published in The New England Journal of Medicine.
BUILDING COMPREHENSIVE HEART FAILURE MANAGEMENT
The HeartMate 3™ LVAD is part of our heart failure management portfolio. Our vision is to transform the treatment of heart failure by designing technology that delivers excellent clinical outcomes and improves workflow and efficiency. Read more about our approach to heart failure management.
* HeartMate 3™ LVAD demonstrated superiority in event-free survival (primary endpoint) in the MOMENTUM 3 trial compared to HeartMate II™ LVAD.
** For a continuous-flow LVAD in a randomized controlled trial.
*** Based on published data from multicenter experience and separate studies, which may involve different patient populations and other variables. Not a head-to-head comparison. Data presented for informational purposes only.
1. Mehra MR, Uriel N, Naka Y, et al. A Fully Magnetically Levitated Left Ventricular Assist Device — Final Report. The New England journal of medicine. 2019;380:1618-1627. doi:10.1056/NEJMoa1900486.
2. Rogers JG, Pagani FD, Tatooles AJ, Bhat G, Slaughter MS, Birks EJ, ... Gregoric ID. Intrapericardial left ventricular assist device for advanced heart failure. N Engl J Med. 2017;376(5):451-460.
3. Starling RC, Estep JD, Horstmanshof DA, et al; ROADMAP Study Investigators (2017). Risk Assessment and Comparative Effectiveness of Left Ventricular Assist Device and Medical Management in Ambulatory Heart Failure Patients: The ROADMAP Study 2-Year Results. J Am Coll Cardio HF. 2017;5:518-27
4. Jorde, UP, Kushwaha SS, Tatooles AJ, et al. Results of the destination therapy post-food and drug administration approval study with a continuous flow left ventricular assist device: a prospective study using the INTERMACS‡ registry (Interagency Registry for Mechanically Assisted Circulatory Support). J Am Coll Cardio. 2014;63:1751-7.
5. Slaughter MS, Rogers JG, Milano CA, et al. Advanced heart failure treated with continuous-flow left ventricular assist device. N Engl J Med. 2009;361:2241-2251.