TactiCath™ Contact Force Ablation Catheter, Sensor Enabled™ Animation
Watch this animation to learn more about how the TactiCath™ Contact Force Ablation Catheter, Sensor Enabled™ is accurate,3 has effortless handling4† and integrated performance.5,6
COMPREHENSIVE CARDIAC ARRHYTHMIA MANAGEMENT
The TactiCath™ family of contact force ablation catheters are part of our cardiac arrhythmia management portfolio. We are leading the way with inventive designs that give you the options you need to diagnose, treat and manage arrhythmias with versatility and effectiveness. When it comes to understanding and managing cardiac arrhythmias, we are your partner for life. Read more about our approach to cardiac arrhythmias management.
RESOURCES AND DOCUMENTATION
Product Manuals (Instructions For Use)
TactiCath™ Quartz Ablation Catheter Clinical Compendium
* In an independent head-to-head bench test comparison with the ThermoCool SmartTouch SF catheter, TactiCath Quartz contact force ablation catheter showed higher accuracy in both axial (perpendicular) and parallel (lateral) orientations.2
** The TactiCath™ contact force ablation catheter, Sensor Enabled™ is an update to the TactiCath™ contact force catheter family using the FlexAbility™ catheter family platform handle and shaft and a tip and force sensor derived from the TactiCath™ Quartz catheter. TactiCath™ and TactiCath™ Quartz contact force ablation catheter clinical data are applicable to the TactiCath™ ablation catheter, Sensor Enabled as mechanical/function testing and preclinical studies have demonstrated equivalent performance and safety profile. See Abbott, data on file, Report 90195941.
*** The open-platform feature of the EnSite Precision™ cardiac mapping system allows for use of almost any catheter, thus offering superior flexibility as compared to Biosense Webster’s Carto™‡ system, which limits use to Biosense Webster‡ catheters only.
† Effortless handling is based on how physicians scored catheter handling characteristics during an initial market release.
†† Refers to the use of TactiCath™ Quartz ablation catheter when using contact force recommendations. The EnSite™ contact force module integrates the TactiCath™ Quartz ablation catheter.
††† In comparison to TactiCath Quartz Contact Force Ablation Catheter.
1. Bourier, F., Gianni, C., Dare, M., Deisenhofer, I., Hessling, G., Reents, T., … Al-Ahmad, A. (2017). Fiberoptic contact-force sensing electrophysiological catheters: How precise is the technology? Journal of Cardiovascular Electrophysiology, 28(1), 109-114. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jce.13100
2. Bourier F, Deisenofer I, Hessling G, et al. (2016, May). Contact force sensing electrophysiological catheters: How accurate is the technology? [Abstract PO03-170]. Presented at HRS 2016, San Francisco, CA. Heart Rhythm. 2016;13(5 Suppl 1):S318-S319.
3. Abbott. Data on file, Report 90430651.
4. Abbott. Data on file, Report 90349982.
5. Abbott. Data on file, Report 90214738.
6. Abbott. Data on file, Report 90253949.
7. Kuck K. H., Reddy, V.Y., Schmidt, B., Natale, A., Neuzil, P. Saoudi, N., … Shah, D. C. (2012). A novel radiofrequency ablation catheter using contact force sensing: Toccata study. Heart Rhythm, 9(1), 18-23. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hrthm.2011.08.021.
8. Reddy, V., Shah, D., Kautzner, J., Schmidt, B., Saoudi, N., Herrera, C., … Kuck, K. H. (2012). The relationship between contact force and clinical outcome during radiofrequency catheter ablation of atrial fibrillation in the TOCCATA study. Heart Rhythm, 9(11), 1789-1795. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.hrthm.2012.07.016
9. Neuzil, P., Reddy, V., Kautzner, J., Petru, J. Wichterle, D., Shah, D., … Kuck, K. H. (2013). Electrical reconnection after pulmonary vein isolation is contingent on contact force during initial treatment: Results from the EFFICAS I Study. Circulation: Arrhythmia and Electrophysiology, 6(2), 327-333. http://dx.doi.org/10.1161/CIRCEP.113.000374
10. Kautzner, J., Neuzil, P., Lambert, H., Peichl, P., Petru, J., Cihak, R., . . . Kuck, K. H. (2015). EFFICAS II: optimization of catheter contact force improves outcome of pulmonary vein isolation for paroxysmal atrial fibrillation. Europace, 17(8), 1229-1235. http://dx.doi.org/10.1093/europace/euv057
11. Ptaszek, L., Moon, B., Sacher, F., Jais, P, Mahapatra, S. & Mansour, M. (2015). A novel tool for mapping multiple rhythms from a single mapping procedure. Poster abstract P849. Europace, 17(Suppl. 3), iii115. https://academic.oup.com/europace/article/17/suppl_3/iii108/2483490/POSTER-SESSION-3
12. Abbott. Data on file, Report 90237452.
13. Abbott. Data on File. Report 90263616.